Life Drawing, Charcoal and pastel



The latest life drawing - it will not photograph well for me - there is a soft cream in the highlights but they are reading too garishly :>(

Done with willow charcoal, compressed charcoal and cream pastel. Again about 90 minutes work,

I wanted to concentrate on the 'portrait' aspect with this one.

Charcoal is such a lovely medium to work with, messy but so adjustable. I can sweep mistakes away with a brush of my hand (yes I do get very grubby) and redraw, draw back in with an eraser to paint lights back in and be really flexible. I edit. A Lot.

We've got the same model, Lucy, very chatty, again next week, with the same pose for those who paint and work slower. So I'll choose another view.

Comments

What a lovely, sensitive drawing.
debra morris said…
Beautiful work
vivien said…
thanks but it keeps nagging at me - the bits that aren't quite right!

That's a very nice sensitive sketch of the quails eggs Debra
Beautiful vivien.
ronelle
vivien said…
Thanks Ronelle - all being well I'm off to do another tomorrow. Then it's the Easter holidays, so no more for a while.

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils

paint or sketch trees: challenge